The corona virus, first identified in China in December 2019, rapidly spread and caused high alarm among people across the world. People are now wondering how to keep their homes and workplaces safe from the virus going forward.
What Are the Symptoms of the Corona virus?
First things First – if you have a temp of over 99* STAY HOME. You probably work too hard anyway and need a rest.
It is challenging to confirm the corona virus infection as its symptoms strongly resemble the symptoms of the common flu. The main symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty in breathing.
How Is the Corona virus Transmitted?
Currently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that corona viruses are transmitted through the air when the patient sneezes or coughs. The virus can also spread if you keep close personal contact with anyone infected. The good news is that using disinfectants to clean your home and office can kill these viruses.
How Can You Keep Yourself and Your Office Safe from the Corona virus?
There is no vaccine developed against the corona virus yet, as it has been identified only recently. Therefore, the best way to prevent corona virus infection is to avoid its exposure. CDC recommends these measures to safeguard against the corona virus.
- Frequently wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with infected people.
- Stay at home if you are sick!!!!!
- Use a tissue to cover your mouth while you sneeze or cough and safely throw them away.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public settings
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others
If you are an employer, you should follow these measures to contain the spread of viruses in your office.
Limit Surfaces That Employees Need to Touch with Their Hands
- Ask your employees to use their foot or shoulder to push open the door, as many office doors don’t need a handle to push open and can swing open both ways.
- Install motion sensors in all the doors of your office, including bathroom faucets. It will help your employees in washing their hands without touching the faucet.
- Invest in designing an office space that embraces collaboration technology and remote work. Employees working from home can help reduce the chances of cross-infection among employees.
- Provide personal phones, tablets, and laptops to your employees. Giving every employee their own devices will help them avoid sharing keyboards, computers, or phones, which can help in reducing the spread of the virus.
Keep the Sanitizer Handy
- Keep sanitizer in the reception area, shared spaces, and conference room of your office.
- You can also use signs to encourage your employees to sanitize their hands regularly.
Encourage Sick Employees to Stay Home
- If any of your employees have symptoms of acute respiratory illness, recommend them to stay at home.
- Make sure that they do not come to the office until they are free from signs of fever and other symptoms for at least 24 hours without using any medicine.
Please keep your office or any other type of work environment clean to help prevent the further spread of infections, including the corona virus. If you want office cleaning services, call us today for high quality customized commercial cleaning services at an affordable rate.