Have a ‘Fun Fact’ to share ? tweet us @TS__Maintenance
Fact is- no one likes to clean. But maybe these cleaning facts and trivia bits will help bring a little levity to the situation (and maybe you can convince someone to help you).
- Did you know that if you clean for 2 hours, you burn 200 calories? #burncalories #cleaning
- The average person spends 87% of their time indoors; did you know that 70% of dust particles are made up of dead skin flakes? Either clean or get outside! #gross
- Most antibacterial cleaner must be left on surfaces for 30-60 seconds before wiping away
- Running low on antibacterial spray? Lemons are a great disinfectant #theysmellgoodtoo
- Do you know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting? You don’t?!?!
(ahem) Cleaning is the action of removing dirt while disinfecting is destroying or preventing the growth of germs / disease-carrying micro-organisms. #smartypants
- Did you know that almost HALF of cohabiting couples argue about cleaning? (the other half pays for a service)
What do they fight about? 27% on who should clean, 24% on how often to clean, 34% on other issues like products & equipment, and 17% on how to clean something #knowitall
- Did you know the average woman cleans for 12,896 hours in her lifetime us. 6,448 hours for men. #cleanfight #stepitUP #TotallyUnfair
- Did you know that most people say their favorite room to clean is the BATHROOM?! #eewNotMine I like the kitchen. What’s your’s? Tweet us @TS_Maintenance
- Speaking of kitchens, did you know that the kitchen sink has more germs than your toilet?
- You can put more than just dishes into your dishwasher; toys, toothbrushes, combs, sponges. Just be sure to take the dishes out first. #TRUTH
- Put ice cubes down your garbage disposal; it helps sharpen the blades and get rid of trapped grease
- If your vacuum starts to smell a little musty, call your friend down the street with the do-Terra inventory to get rid of. A few drops of essential oil like peppermint or citrus in the canister or on the filters will help clear the olfactory offensiveness
- Remove watermarks from wooden surfaces with a small amount of mayonnaise! or toothpaste on a damp cloth. (It works, I SWEAR!)
- Lemon juice can be used for stains or rust on plastic furniture
- Vodka! Use it on a soft cloth to shine up porcelain, chrome or glass. Put that desk bottle to good use, Mr. Draper. #happyhourcleaning
- And for the weirdest of the Fun Facts about Cleaning – Ketchup can be used on tarnished or corroded brass will help bring back its shine.
I’m not sure I actually believe this one. Have you tried it? Did it work? Tweet me a photo @TS_Maintenance